Wednesday, June 27, 2012

DIY Ombre Hair Using Sun-In

I really want Miley's hair..
let's see how that goes.
Hey guys! I haven't posted in a while, but here's a good one for ya! Recently, I've been seeing a lot of ombre hair all over the internet. I was really interested in the look, and I soon found my self going crazy wanting to have ombre hair! Now, I went to my local salon and the girls there have no experience doing ombre ends. I was quite disappointed, but I remembered that I'd once used the product Sun-In and it really lightened my hair! I quickly went to the store and bought some of their lemon Sun-In product (it's more intense.). I was really scared to do it myself; I almost got an anxiety attack just thinking of how horrible my hair could turn out! So I decided to let my mom do it, but if you are confident that you can do it on yourself..then do it! So here's how she prayed it on: First you have to dampen your hair and make sure there are no tangles. She then put my hair in sections and started with the very bottom layer of hair. Since you only want the color on your ends, make sure your ends are sprayed thoroughly. She then got some random strands and sprayed the product a little higher then the base line (this is to blend in the color...you don't want the color to go straight across your head!). Then I would just rub my hair a little, just to blend it some more. You can then go out and sit in the sun for a while, or you could just do what I did and blow dry your hair.

I've been doing this for a few days (repeat every 2-3 days, until you get the color you want) and I've already seen a difference! It's coming along nicely, and I can't wait to see how it looks in the end. FIY I have dark brown hair; I've read that if you use Sun-In with dark hair the color can turn brassy (red-ish), but that has never happened to me. I wouldn't use Sun-In if your hair is black though, it could turn your hair orange or red-ish. If you really want a fab ombre job, then I would suggest to go to a salon that knows how to do it. But I'm poor, so I just decided to do it myself! :) I hope this helps for anyone out there who needs info on DIY ombre hair!


P.S. I will post pictures of my hair when I see a bigger difference. Right now it's hard to see the color change, but it's definitely there!





6 comments:

  1. sucks that we don't get this product here (in my country). but recently, too many people have this same hair... i'm personally not one to jump on trend bandwagons. it'd be interesting to see how your hair turned out though. can't wait for those pictures! :D and thanks for sharing the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I'm also not a huge trend follower, but I found that I really liked this hairstyle, so I just wanted to try it. I'll be posting pictures soon, my hair has already changed so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Must be nearly time for a results picture?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, almost! I'll put up pictures soon. I've been really busy, but I'll put them up sometime this week! :)

      Delete
  3. When Are You Gonna Post Them?
    It's Been A While Now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted the results yesterday! Sorry for the wait, and thanks for being patient! :)

      Delete